Thursday, May 29, 2014

Vanilla - Legacy mail transmogrification

First mail transmo and probably one of my first transogrification sets ever made :). As for now my Panda which use mail armor is a hunter. It means that all mail transmogrifications will have bows used in it. All other items are usable by both hunters and shamans. In that case I will just add weapon alternatives at the bottom of my posts and I will mark them as usable as both classes. If I will decide in the future to do some hunter or shaman only transmo I will clearly mark it in a title.
I was using this transmo for long time on my hunter. I used to have ally tabard and use different belt however I've changed it for this post. I was quite surprised that my tabard was finally converted into horde one. I bought it back in wrath when there was a bug and horde players could buy ally tabards in Shattarah. It was with me since than and all server resets and new expansions didn't converted it. I had it even after realm change. When I become Pandaren it changed from blue to red. So if you still have it and you do not want to loose it - you shouldn't change your race! :)
I called this transmo Vanilla because bow from it makes some hunters cry. It reminds me all this cry about how 'Vanilla was better'. For all those sad kids - you should stfu and enjoy how WoW looks now!

Chest, waist, hands and boots

Those items are quite easy to get. I'm using gloves from hunter tier however I've linked below replacement with the same skin which is usable for any mail user. Gloves and boots are from the same hunter tier. Boots are even easier to get because there are mroe drop locations and even if you aren't lucky you can buy them for justice points. It is one of those items which costs justice points but is Bind on Equip what means that you can find it on AH or ask your friend to buy it for you
Both chest and waist have great skins. If you like doing transmogs I recommend getting both. Sandstalker Breastplate is classic craft. Recipe can be bought when you reach revered with Cenarion Circle. It isn't hard reputation and this unique chest skin is definitely worth farming. Some of you probably know this skin asJade Breastplate but this item is plate not mail.
Masterwork Girdle is green drop. It is however quite common. You can also find two other color versions of this belt. They are really similar shades of gold. So if you can't get this particular belt you can look for replacement.

Legs, Shoulders and weapon

Those parts are a little bit harder. Legs which I'm using (Onyx Embedded Leggings)are no longer available in game. For long time I was thinking that it is unique skin. If you check them on Wowhead it says that there are no similar skins available. When I was farming something I found that it isn't true Savage Gladiator Leggings and few other green items looks exactly the same. Maybe there are small differences but to be honest I don't see them.
Shoulders are available in game however getting them is a little bit tricky. Recipe for them drops from Hyjal Summit raid (there is one more recipe with the same skin). Both recipes teach you item which is Bind on Pick up it means that only person who crafted them can use it. My hunter has LW so I could craft them for myself. Living Earth Shoulders has really unique skin so if you use mail and have LW you should craft them for yourself :).
Lastly, my beautiful bow. Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers is no longer obtainable and has unique skin. It is worth mentioning here that some people in Wowhead comments confirm that GM can restore this bow for you if you had it and lost even years ago! This bow is so awesome mostly because it offers unique animation. Every few seconds it shows you different flowers and plants on it! This animation can be also found on Draenic Wildstaff which was used in one of my previous transmo sets (Forest Lord)

Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: ----
Shoulders: Living Earth Shoulders
Drop location:Leatherworking (375 lvl required) - zone drop recipe (Hyjal Summit) | one more recipe available Binds on PICK UP - for LW only
Chest: Sandstalker Breastplate
Drop location:Leatherworking (300 lvl required) - recipe from vendor (revered with Cenarion Circle required) | unique color
Shirt: ----
Gloves: Proto-Handler's Gauntlets
Drop location: Halfus Wyrmbreaker - The Bastion of Twilight (1st boss) Normal difficulty | unique color if you aren't hunter
Waist: Masterwork Girdle
Drop location: Green drop - you can farm classic raids | unique color!
Legs: Onyx Embedded Leggings
Drop location: No longer availableUPDATE: Wowhead doesn't show it but there are other items with this skin for example: Savage Gladiator Leggings

Boots:Moccasins of Verdurous Glooms
Drop location: Vendor - Orgrimmar - Rugok (1,650 jp as for 5.4)| few other location available, BoE so can be found on AH

Cloak: ----
Bracers: ----
Weapon: Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers
Drop location: No longer available

Weapon for Shamans:

Weapon: Draenic Wildstaff
Drop location: Avatar of the Martyred - Auchenai Crypts (last boss - read post if you dont want to spend there all week )HC only | unique colors! and skin if you are not druid

Off-hand: ----

Mount: Imperial Quilen
Source: Mist of Pandaria Collector Edition
Pet: Blossoming Ancient
Source: Blizzard store


I hope you like this set and maybe you will use it for your fluffy pandas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous