Monday, March 10, 2014

Forest Lord - leather transmo

I really liked my last healer transmo (Moose) but I have decided that it is time to find new one. There are so many great skins that I would love to wear them all ^^. As always I was looking for something unique and I found this head. There is already whole set which include this item. However in this post I will show you my version of it.
Before I will create any transmo I'm making list of all items which I think look good together and than I look for them. When I've started collecting items for this set I had only belt in my bank. In most cases I'm trying to chose items for transmo basing on what I already have. It is faster and make me think that all that crap in my void storage is really useful. This time I had only that great looking belt which I got from Sha. I've checked wowhead for other items and unfortunately most of them were from TBC heroic dungeons what gave me 1 chance per day to get drop I need.
I've started farming from Auchenai Crypts because it is close to Shattarah and it takes only few seconds to get there from Valey of Eternal Blossom(I love those portals). There are two items which drops in this instance. Both from the same boss. It is stupid because boss can drop only one item and you have only one chance per day. However both items are fabulous. You have there hands which looks like wrists and have beautiful pattern with leaves. There is really no replacement for this skin. Other drop for the same boss is staff which is quite simple but has unique animation. Every few seconds mushrooms, flowers and sparkles appear and disappear on it. If you are druid you are lucky and can get this staff from druid only quest. Some hunters still have bow with the same animation. I do own one in my hunter's bank and I must say it looks great.
So I went to Auchenai Crypts. I've checked that both items drop from last boss. I killed him and got some crap. I killed him again next day - again I got some crap. After week of killing him day by day I started to think that there is something wrong with him. After 7thor 8th kill I've checked it on wowhead again and than I realized that I was killing wrong boss. It was sad moment. It seems that last boss in Auchenai Crypts (HC) after reaching 25% of his life creates his copy and you need to find boss + this copy at the one time. Sure I know about ti but I didn't know that this stupid copy has its own loot table. Now I know it has and that it also drop two items I needed. The main problem here is that if you are 90lvl you probably one shot this boss. If you want loot from his copy you need to dps boss and leave it at 25%. When I found it out I've just removed all my equipment (I left only my staff and Safari hat) and started to doing it like this. As soon as I managed to remove 75% of boss health I was waiting, killing his copy, looting it and than I was dying (you can also run to the beginning).
If you are doing it correct - it means you are not killing the boss - you can kill his copy and loot it as many times a day as you want. I was able to get both items which I need on one day using this way.

Shoulders and head wasn't big problem. At least this time I was killing right bosses and I got them after 2-3 days. The easiest one were legs because you can drop them from low lvl dungeon what means you can farm them as long as you want. If you are lucky it will take you 0-2 resets to get them.

When I was thinking that the worst part is done I looked at my transmo list and realized that i still don't have chest for it. Best option for this slot in my opinion is green item. I'm on high populated realm so AH is full of green items. Unfortunately chest which I wanted wasn't there. I said to myself that it is fine. I will farm it. After two hours in Barrens I would like to give you an advice - do not farm it. I was whispering all low lvl in this location, opening boxes and killing everything. I didn't found this item. It was late so I HSed to town and checked AH ones again. It was there. Someone wanted only 20g for this crap. I spend two hours trying to get it so I bought it fast.

Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: Crown of the Forest Lord
Drop location: Swamplord Musel'ek - The Underbog (3rd boss) HC only - unique colors! and skin if you are not druid
Shoulders: Mantle of Autumn
Drop location: Laj - The Botanica (4rd boss) HC only - unique colors! and skin if you are not druid
Chest: Primal Wraps
Drop location: Low lvl greens - check AH - there is one more item with this color and skin but no longer drops - still can be found on AH
Gloves: Natural Mender's Wraps
Drop location: Avatar of the Martyred - Auchenai Crypts (last boss - read post if you dont want to spend there all week )HC only | unique colors! and skin if you are not druid
Waist:Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's Waistband of Cruelty
Drop location:Crafted - LW | You can still have the same skin from Sha (world boss). No longer drops as for 5.4 according to wowhead

Legs:Jinxed Hoodoo Kilt
Drop location: Shadowpriest Sezz'ziz - Zul'Farrak (7) you can skip all bosses before this one | unique color!
Boots: N/A
Cloak: N/A
Bracers: N/A
Weapon: Draenic Wildstaff
Drop location: Avatar of the Martyred - Auchenai Crypts (last boss - read post if you dont want to spend there all week )HC only | unique colors! and skin if you are not druid

Mount: Imperial Quilen
Source: Mist of Pandaria Collector Edition
Pet: Little Fawn
Source: Reward from Achievement - Collect 75 unique pets


In my opinion this transmo has really unique and fresh look. I wanted to call it with name connected with spring however when I got this head piece called Crown of the Forest Lord I knew it will be perfect name. It looks perfect with 'Guardian of Cenarius' title.
My favorite element of this set is staff. It's animation is really cool. Even if you don't plan to transform you character into Forest Lord my advice is to get this staff and keep it in bank. You will never know when Blizz will decide to remove this dungeon and this fabulous staff will be no longer obtainable.

I hope you like it and maybe you will use it for your fluffy pandas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous