Sunday, April 13, 2014

Challenger - Monk only transmo

Over month ago I've earned Challenge Conqueror: Gold on my Monk. To be honest I'm not in love in item set you get for this achievement as Monk. Specially head looks a little bit strange on Pandaren. Mostly because of that I'm not using those items for transmo. It is however really unique look so I've decide tat I will try to use best parts of it to create something new and better :). In this post you will find my version of challenge set - remember it is for MONK ONLY
Head - it is ugly but with unique animation
All challenge mode sets have their unique animations. For monks you get some small bubbles or green smokes when you are using certain spells/skills. It is nothing spectacular. In my personal opinion other classes got better animations :). Anyway, item which you need to use for transmo to get those extras is - head. The problem it is ugly as f**k. Really. If you want you can just use it and hide it in display options. Oh no you can't I've just checked it and you need to have head visible for animations to work. I recommend you changing this head into other one. I think eye patch looks great here. I'm using Other-Eye Patch. It should be gold but is black. When I got it I did some researches and it seem that there is only black eye patch skin for Pandarens. No matter than which one you have - it will be black on Panda :(. There is lots of ways in which you can get leather eye patch. My was from Our Mortal Enemies quest which I done when I was getting Star of Stranglethorn for my Malthael transmo

Challenge set elements - shoulders, pants and gloves
The best item from the whole set are for sure Shoulders. Unique and nicely done look. You will have one shoulder pad completely different from the other one. It is really cool. Gloves and legs are also fine. The most important is that they are unique so you can be sure that only monks can copy your look. I think it would be also ok to use boots from this set but I had already other skin in mind so I haven't chosen them. All those items are Monk only.

Chest and Boots
I know that I'm using this chest a lot. I just can't resist when I see it. I don't see many people wearing Warden's Wraps. It also look differently on all races. On Pandaren it is really nice and plain option.
When I'm looking at it now I'm not sure If I'm using right boots. They look ok on Pandaren but I'm afraid that on all other races they will just look strange. Maybe Salt Water Sandals would be better?

Belt and Weapon
Both belt and weapon are Monk only colors. Weapon is available as reward from Begin Your Training: Master Cheng quest which every Monk gets on lvl 20. Even if you already sold/deletaed it you can bought it from the vendor in Kun-Lai summit. The same situation is with belt. This time you get Continue Your Training: Master Cheng quest at lvl 60.



Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: Other-Eye Patch
Drop location: Quest reward - Our Mortal Enemies - lots of other drop location available
Shoulders: Shoulderguards of the Regal Lord
Drop location: Achievement Challenge Conqueror: Gold - unique skin for Monks only!
Chest: Warden's Wraps
Drop location: Hard to farm as all green world drops. Lvl 40-45 mobs should drop it. If you are on populated realm check AH
Gloves: Handwraps of the Regal Lord
Drop location: Achievement Challenge Conqueror: Gold - unique skin for Monks only!
Waist:Red Belt of Gentle Persuasion
Drop location: Quest reward - Continue Your Training: Master Cheng Monk only | unique color
Legs: Legwraps of the Regal Lord
Drop location: Achievement Challenge Conqueror: Gold - unique skin for Monks only!
Boots: Firemoss Boots
Drop location: Hurley Blackbreath - Blackrock Depths (10 boss) - other drop locations available
Cloak: ----
Bracers: ----
Weapon: Aspirant's Staff of Harmony
Drop location: Quest reward - Begin Your Training: Master Cheng Monk only | unique color

Off-hand: ----

Mount: Great Brewfest Kodo
Source: World Event Dungeon - Coren Direbrew - Brewfest Festival
Pet: Skunky Alemental
Source: Mob Drop - Zhu-Gon the Sour (Timeless Isle)

I hope you like this set and maybe you will use it for your fluffy pandas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous