Thursday, February 19, 2015

Howling Fjord - leather transmogrification


Is it a worgen? No! It's my fluffy monk ^^ Today you will visit Howling Fjord with him. Most of you probably do not remember when was the last time you were here. It is time to refresh your memories! Click read more and check how expensive is chest I'm wearing and discover true Shoveltusk face (yes it is this funny animal which you can see in the back on first printscreen!)
For those who forgot where Howling Fjord is:


It is one of the starting zones in Northrend.To be honest, I've always starting from Borean Tundra so there isn't many things I can tell about Howling Fjord. There are lots of wolfs, vyrkuls and Shoveltusks. By the way have you ever seen Shoveltusk face? When I was doing some printscreens I was able to capture this unusual look. I must say they are really handsome!
Ok but let's go back to transmogrification. I've decide I will create something connected with wolves because I will never be as epic as Shoveltusk. I took my wolf pet, extra fluffy pants and got something like this:


 It may look as simple transmo created from green items however it wasn't so easy to put together! The hardest part was for sure chest. When I've decided to create this set I thought that I will get it fast. According to wowhead Lionfur Armor drops from only one mob. It is low lvl rare lion in Mulgore. In Pandaria we learned that if something drops from one rare spawn it is usually 20%-100% drop rate. Not this time. It seems that this stupid lion doesn't drop this chest. I spend hours camping him, killing, dancing at his corpse and I've never seen it. Here is photo of me crying over his corpse:


After days, weeks and even months of checking AH and killing this lion I got it. I bought it on AH and I guess reason why it finally appeared there was Salvage Yards. All greens available in game drops from there so you can be lucky enough to get Lionfur Armor. Two weeks after i bought it my BF got it from Salvage chest what confirms this.

Thanks for new alchemy potions I can show you how this transmo look on both male and female pandas:




Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: Embrace of the Lycan
Drop location: Chief Ukorz Sandscalp - Zul'Farrak (last boss) | one more drop location available (quest reward)
Shoulders: Cured Mammoth Hide Mantle
Drop location: Quest reward from Have They No Shame? | Few other drop locations available
Chest: Lionfur Armor
Drop location: The Rake (mob drop) extremely low drop rate | unique color CAN DROP FROM SALVAGE
Gloves: Thunderlord Gloves
Drop location: Sold for 50 scraps in Dwarven Bunker / War Mill lvl 2 (Garrison Building) | unique skin
Waist: Eyeripper Girdle
Drop location: Zone drop in Highmaul HC | unique color
Legs: Lupine Leggings
Drop location: Green item you can try to farm Wailing Caverns or check AH | One more item with this color available
Boots: Thunderlord Sabatons
Drop location: Sold for 50 scraps in Dwarven Bunker / War Mill lvl 2 (Garrison Building) | unique skin
Cloak: ----
Bracers: ----
Weapon: Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night
Drop location: Boss drop in Throne of Thunder HC | unique color
Enchant: Landslide

Mount: Horn of the Brown Wolf
Source: Vendor - Ogunaro Wolfrunner - Horde Only!
Pet: Worg Pup
Source: Mob Drop from Quartermaster Zigris



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous